Hungry People Unite

Visitors

Saturday, July 16, 2011

With a Little More Study I Found

The one crop we have planted, I don't think is going to grow, is the iceburg lettuce. We dropped the seed a few weeks too late, for a couple of different reasons I've already explained. It's more of a cool weather, early seedling crop, and most of this heat has been unbearable on it's early life, so we've probably baked the seed. I would be utterly shocked if they do come to maturity. But alas, I'm not really concerned, for I wasn't really growing it for my taste. I've posted before on the nutrional value or lack there of, of iceburg, and really haven't eaten it in some 5yrs. I grow it(well tried), because I know there are people who will eat it, and when the time is right, I'm down to make a buck or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment