Hungry People Unite

Visitors

Monday, December 21, 2009

Making a Complaint

When I was younger, I didn't care nearly as much as I do now, mainly due to the lack of toppings I used, the size of the hot dog bun was suffice. It could hold a dog a squirt or two of catsup(ketchup) and a little mustard and for those daring enough, a slice of cheese.
Ultimately we all grow up, and so do our taste buds... I believe the hot dog bun should have grown with us, the best attempt so far is the split top bun, but pales in comparison to what it actually is I'm looking for. Regular bread slices seem to have shrunk down to nothing, to the point to where trying to build a sandwich out of sliced dogs, has become more in need of a degree in architecture.
I propose a split top bun(the bottom is made for stability), but the overall concept needs to be a gourmet style bun with room to house the dog itself, made one of at least four different ways: boiled in water or your favorite beer, grilled, fried or steamed, and topped with various ingredients: onions raw or sauteed, pickle relish, cole-slaw, bacon slices or pieces, banana peppers, cheese, sauerkraut, ketchup, mustard and hot dog sauce(I test exclusively with sauce made with that @DaGrill flair.)
What is your best way to put away a hot dog?

No comments:

Post a Comment